Standard metallographic analyses are conducted on metals in compliance with STN and EN ISO norms.
The laboratory is not only used for HTS BB customised heat treatment but also for material analysis by the general public.
Metallographic laboratory equipment
- Discotom-60 grinding wheel
- Citopress-1 metallographic press
- TegraSystem metallographic grinding and polishing machine
- Belec compact port spectrometer
- Olympus GX 51 light microscope
- Duramin A 300D automatic micro-durometer with extended field of load
- Durometer N3D
- Complete preparation of metallographic samples for light microscopy.
- Analysis of the chemical composition of metal materials from the iron matrix.
- Evaluation of materials after thermal and chemical heat treatment.
- Measurement of hardness within the layers.
- Determination of the depth of carbonization or nitriding of steel.
- Quantitative phase analysis – determining the proportion of structural components, their sizes and quantity.
- To obtain details on the type and nature of the micro and macro structures of metal and nonmetal materials.
- Photo documentation of macro and micro structures (black-white, colour, recording by CCD camera).
Metallographic analyses is the key to maintaining quality in accordance with customer requirements.